ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
Portage Regional Economic Development is mandated to create an environment that successfully attracts new investment, retains and expands current business for the entire community for the City of Portage la Prairie and the RM of Portage la Prairie, whilst leveraging the strong regional approach of the two municipalities working together in collaboration. We are expanding our team and are in search of an Economic Development Coordinator.
Role: The Economic Development Coordinator is confident with strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for facilitating and coordinating Economic Development projects for PRED. The position starts on January 4th, 2021. This is a term position of one year with the potential to be extended.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Enhance the existing database of companies and businesses in the region.
- Market PRED as an organization to internal & external stakeholders.
- Triage queries and navigates them to the correct areas.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to effectively manage and execute projects for the Portage Regional Economic Development.
- Administration duties such as minute taking and preparing meeting packages.
- Work closely with the PRED committees to ensure projects are executed.
Professional Expertise and Knowledge
- Working knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Have good public and interpersonal relations skills.
- Ability in organization, establishing priorities, and time management.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive business and client information.
- Self-driven, enthusiastic, tactful and diplomatic.
Salary range: DOE
If you are looking to join a great team, please send your resume complete with a cover letter by email to email@example.com by November 27th, 2020.
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.